Re: is kde and kde app source debian-legally distributable?

J.H.M. Dassen Ray" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> Why is it a problem in the case of KDE source?
> The conflict between KDE's and Qt's license only affects the
> /distribution/ of /binaries/. I can't see what would be wrong in
> making it easier for our users to build KDE binaries themselves.

You're asserting your conclusion as your argument.  This gets nowhere.
However, there's two points that might be interesting to discuss, if
you cared to discuss them.

(1) contributory infringement -- precedents and legal arguments.

(2) the GPL -- for example, try to explain how it can restrict binaries in
this case without also restricting source.  [There are some restrictions
on binaries in the GPL which don't apply to sources: however, those
restrictions are not a problem with KDE+Qt.]

--
Raul