Re: is kde and kde app source debian-legally distributable?

On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 12:24:06 -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> I'm surprised by this paragraph -- either it's very obviously wrong or
> I'm completely missing your point.  I'll try responding based on what
> I understand you to be saying:
>
> Of course we're encouraging people to use the stuff we put on our sites.
> In most cases that's not a problem.

Why is it a problem in the case of KDE source?

The conflict between KDE's and Qt's license only affects the /distribution/
of /binaries/. I can't see what would be wrong in making it easier for our
users to build KDE binaries themselves.

If we were actively encouraging our users to distribute such binaries, that
could (in my layman's view) be viewed as contributory infringement, but we
wouldn't do that. (It's easy for us to attach a clear note to the build
process a user will run to point them to the problems involved in
redistributing the binaries generated).

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,