Re: No halt/poweroff on an EliteBook 840 G1 after upgrade [solved?]

Hi,

Sorry to reopen the issue, but I have faced the same problem today. There was un upgrade, but I don't think anything related to systemd or login. Anyway, nothing helped : halt -p, poweroff, systemctl poweroff... Neither as user nor as root, from console or gnome terminal... The physical power button suspends the laptop at least. I guess the only option left would be to remove systemd and get systemd-shim etc. However I don't feel like doing this, I hope the issue will be solved sometime. I'm not a developer so unfortunately I cannot offer much help, other than do tests if necessary, of course.

Cheers,

Miguel