Backlight level save and restore as a init-script / upstart job for laptops

Dear Debian and Ubuntu developers!

Let me inform you about the problem.
The problem is well described on LaunchPad - see http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1270579 (157 users affected).

Here I can repeat myself.

I have tested many distros - Arch, OpenSuSe 13.1, Fedora 20, ALT Linux p7, Sabayon, Mageia 4.
Many of them are based on systemd.
It does not matter what init system they use, but all of them have very useful script (or binary program, I don't know) for saving and restoring backlight level on laptop.

In these distros there is a script for save and restore backlight levels for two video-cards (acpi_video0 and acpi_video1). During system boot it is indicated as follows:

[ OK ] Started Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of acpi_video1.
[ OK ] Started Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of acpi_video0.

I have a draft version, which works normally on my VAIO F13Z1R and Asus UX32A laptops with Ubuntu 12.04.5 and 14.04.1, Debian 7.

The script is in attachment. It saves and restore brightness levels of all adapters which are placed in /sys/class/backlight/.

It may be installed to the system with the command

sudo tar -zxvf upstart_brightness.tar.gz -C /

I think that having a script for saving and restoring backlight level is very useful for laptop Ubuntu users.

So, please, add such init script to default Debian and Ubuntu installations.
Thank you!

With best regards,
Debian and Ubuntu user,
Norbert.