Re: No halt/poweroff on an EliteBook 840 G1 after upgrade

Le 17 déc 2014 à 10:36 (+0100)
Miguel Ortiz Lombardía <miguel.ortizlombardia@laposte.net> a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running Debian testing (jessie) on an HP EliteBook 840 G1 laptop.
> Everything goes reasonably well, even very well, except that after
> running apt-get update/upgrade on Monday (15 December) I cannot halt
> (poweroff) the computer. When I try to switch it off it just reboots.
> I manage to get it in sleep mode by pressing the the physical start
> button and this is what I'm doing since then. No previous problems in
> this sense before that upgrade. I have 'intel-microcode' and
> 'firmware-linux-free' installed from the beginning.
>
> Anyone experiencing the same problem or having an idea about how to
> solve it?
>
> Thank you!
> Cheers,
>
>    Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Don't know if it is related but maybe you'd like to know that something
similar was discussed on debian-user-french :

https://lists.debian.org/debian-user-french/2014/11/msg00336.html

(if you can read French as your mail address suggests).

To sum it up for non French speakers : someone said that « halt » should be

Another message talking about the impossibility to poweroff from kde
solved the problem by installing systemd-shim.

Hope you'll be able to solve your problem,

--
Eddy F.