[OT] Re: Touchscreen Ultrabooks running Debian?

On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 14:36 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 08:04:56PM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>
> > I don't see any better choice and it's way too late to change it (not only
> > with debian).  AMD created the architecture so AMD named it.  Intel accepted
> > the architecture.  Go blame AMD or Intel, but I recommend you to blame
> > yourself for having assumptions...
>
> You're engaging in Failed Telepathy. My point is that the terminology could
> be improved, but you keep insisting it's some sort of pique that I
> personally was misled. It is not--it's my professional (I'm a professional
> writer) feeling that using confusing words is bad, even if you somehow
> believe that free software projects are bound to use the words selected by
> the marketing departments of chip makers.
> --
> Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com
>
> Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
> Stupid mistakes you can correct!

This is the very first time I see (in years) a flame on this mailing
list.

Perhaps one may want to consider that changing a word with a
consolidated meaning within a community may cause more trouble than
help.

In any case, debian is so well documented that really takes no time to
find out the meaning of anything, despite conventions that one may not
like.

I added [OT] to the subject because this is actually OT (out of topics).

Loredana