Re: PCMCIA Does Not Work Dell Latitude C510/C610 with Lenny

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Stefan Welte <post@stefan-welte.de> wrote:
> Hi Duane,
>
> Duane Bielling schrieb:
>> Stefan, both Debian Lenny and openSuse are currently running on the C610.
>
> Are they both running well in combination with wireless cardbus card(s)?

Essentially, yes, but not without a minor 'annoyance' in openSUSE.
(Disclaimer: I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to openSUSE so it is
likely I've misconfigured something.)

Each time I boot into openSUSE, I have to disable eth0 to get eth1 to
work.  I do this from the CLI.  I will ifdown both interfaces and ifup
eth1.  From there it works like a charm for a while.  Sometimes I have
to refresh the eth1 interface, though (ifdown/ifup).  When booting
into Debian, it usually works fine but occassionally (esp. after an
openSUSE session) I have to manually kickstart the network but can
usually do so from KNetworkManager applet on the Panel.

> Dein Deutsch ist doch korrekt und sehr hübsch! :-)

Danke