Re: Suspend and Hibernate in Etch not working on Asus L3400Tp laptop

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 02:09:10PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> And of course gnome-power-manager is fundamentally flawed because the issues
> it tries to deal with are at least as much system-wide as they are specific
> to a given Gnome session: when I have several users logged in, I don't want
> each one of their gnome-power-manager to react to ACPI events.

g-p-m is basically a tool for single-user systems, like laptops (usually
are). On multi-user systems you're better off not installing it if possile,
or disable such acpi-related functions (and likely the ability to shutdown
as well), again if possible (never used it).

--
paolo