Re: ACPI support on Compaq Presario 2500

Jörg-Volker Peetz <peetz@scai.fraunhofer.de>:

> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=2276703

"My problem was that I didn't know how to load the cpufreq modules, so I just built them directly into the kernel, along with ACPI and APM stuff."

That's a possibility. Or you try out which is the correct module manually, and on success, add it to /etc/modules.
If your ACPI insists on being buggy, you may try to go along with APM (old version of powermanagement, will miss many features).

Cheers,

 m°