Re: ACPI support on Compaq Presario 2500

Micha wrote:
> (I hope you don't mind me stepping in Jörg i just had a related
> problem here)

No, any help is welcome, I think.

>> 	Vendor: Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
>> 	Version: KF_KH.F.24
>> 	Release Date: 10/26/2004
>

> There's a newer BIOS available.
> Since your dmesg contains ACPI errors, I would try to
> upgrade the BIOS first before any further tracking.
> There use to be instructions on the respective website (phoenix).
> Usually it boils down to run a .exe from a windows, but there
> are other approaches through different tools, also for linux.
> Certainly this list has support if needed.

This may help.

> But i wonder why your attached dmesg doesn't mention power states.
> Maybe that was already expired. (dmesg is a ringbusffer with limited capacity).
> --> less -p "thrott" /var/log/kern.log

Or just "cat /var/log/dmesg". That file should contain the informations
from boot process.

On the internet I found the following page

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=2276703

Maybe this person which claims to have solved the cpufreq problem on a
Presario 2500 can help you further.

Good luck,
Jörg-Volker.