Re: Mebius MP 50G black screen on X

Ian Greenhoe wrote:

Actually, the differences between the configuration files for XF86 v4
and Xorg are minimal.  If you use the XF86 config file that you obtained
from knoppix and then try starting xorg, it will tell you the errors
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log -- and they are all slight tweaks.  (I have a
laptop with an embedded Wacom tablet.  It was a PITA to set up
initially, so I really didn't want to go thru setting it up yet again.)

I didn't succeed with this when I tried it last night--it won't even go into X at all. But I didn't check the error log. I'll take another look.

Thanks,

Chuck