Re: Installation on Fujitsu Siemens S7020 SATA

onsdag 7. desember 2005, 08:57, skrev Michael Feher:
> Dear all
>
> I am trying to install the stable release of Debain 3.1 r0a on a
> Fujitsu Siemens S7020 and have the problem that the SATA disk is not
> recognized. The hardware should be supported as I can boot with
> Knoppix and can access the disk.
>
> I have tried to load some of the modules by hand that are loaded by
> Knoppix (as far as they are available on the installer cd)
> (ide_generic, libata, ata_piix, ...) but did no succeed.
>
> Does any one have an idea how to overcome this problem?

I believe that the most recent KNOPPIX uses a 2.6-kernel, which in
general has better hardware support, including SATA. The default kernel
in Debian Stable is 2.4.27

Did you try installing Debian using a 2.6-kernel?
Boot like this:
Press F1 for help, or Enter to boot: linux26

That will give you a 2.6.8 kernel.

Klaus