Re: Hot CPU after hibernate (Dell Inspiron 4100)

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 08:53:44PM -0500, Scott Bigham wrote:
> Is there a way to disable ACPI?  [searches kernel source docs] Ah, yes,
> just have to use the 'acpi=off' kernel boot parameter.

And my preliminary tests appear to confirm that with this parameter in
place, good old apm -s works just as well as it used to, with no side
effects.  It's the simple and blindingly obvious solutions that are the
hardest to see, I guess. :-}  Thanks again to everyone who responded.

						-sbigham