Re: Trying Debian?

* Johan van der Meer <johanvandermeer@gmail.com> [2005 Nov 23 12:00 -0600]:

>    Should I try out Kubuntu, or Knoppix? I have Kubuntu 5.04 and Knoppix 3.8

Yes.  If Kubuntu, get the later version 5.10.  You can try the Kubuntu
live CD first and then get the installer.  KNOPPIX is a live CD that
can also be installed.  Be aware that the version of Qparted on KNOPPIX
3.9 and later is broken.  You can partition the drive with cfdisk in a
terminal window before running the knx2hd script.

Don't be afraid to play around.  Have fun!

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"