Re: thinkpad t42 number lock/number pad problem

Yes, it will, *if* you use the purge option.

apt-get remove --purge tleds

The caveat with the "--purge" is that it gets rid of any/all config
files, so it is as if the package was never installed in the first
place.  This is good if you want to get rid of the launch scripts.  This
is bad if you are removing a package for disk space concerns and want to
re-install it at a later time with the same config.

-Ian