Re: thinkpad t42 number lock/number pad problem

I didn't get this to work.  The script 40xcustom_load-xmodmap makes X
fail to activate no matter what I do.  However, in the process of
wrestling with this problem I discovered that a program called tleds_21
is activated during bootup.  This program makes the Scroll Lock and
Number Lock leds to blink whenever packets leave or enter the computer
respectively.  This would be a nice but very minor feature if it were
not for the fact that doing that somehow makes the numberpad become
active and inactive in tandem with the blinking light.  Once I killed
the process, bringing up eth0 caused no blinking and no failed
keystrokes.  Sooner or later I'll have to figure out where in the boot
sequence tleds is invoked and comment out that line.