Re: thinkpad t42 number lock/number pad problem

On 31 Mar 2005 15:21:28 -0800
"tstavely@gmail.com" <tstavely@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  Unfortunately, though, something about that failed to solve
> either problem -- or, rather, it created another problem that made it
> impossible to test.  Creating $HOME/.xmodmap as described and also, as
> root, creating /etc/X11/Xsession.d/40xcustom_load-xmodmap caused me to
> be unable to log in as a user.  Root could still log in for some
> reason, but not the user.  The culprit seems to be the
> 40xcustom_load-xmodmap file.  At least, removing .xmodmap from the
> user home directory didn't prevent startx from failing while removing
> the /etc/X11... file returned things to normal.
>
> Perhaps the version of X11 with my installation is different.

Are you using debian "sarge" with XFree86?

Then it schould work without problems. If you have a self-compiled X.org
or a non-sarge system, I haven't tested it. But this should be a general
solution for this problem under debian and XFree.

What does the log of XFree say?

  Kai