Re: ALT+F1-7: Switching consoles doesn't work

> On  3-06-2004, at 10h 38'11", Jens Nachtigall wrote about "Re: ALT+F1-7:
> Switching consoles doesn't work"
>
> > > Have a look at the /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz file (or what do you
> > > load with loadkeys at boot time)
> >
> > How can I find out which one is loaded at boot time?
>
> If you do have a /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz file, that this is the
> one.

Yes, that is the one. i tried to change it as you told me. However, then even
the workaround with the windows logo key did not work any more :( The
intended ALT+Ctrl+F2 did not work either...

Maybe someone could have a look at my boottime.kmap.gz and send my a patch. It
is here: http://informatik.hu-berlin.de/~nachtiga/boottime.kmap.gz

Here is what I did:
diff  /etc/console/boottime.kmap.orig /etc/console/boottime.kmap.my_personal
135c135
< keycode  56 = AltGr
- ---
> keycode  56 = Alt
252c252
< keycode 100 = AltGr
- ---
> keycode 100 = Alt
317,318c317,318
< keycode 125 = Alt
< keycode 126 =
- ---
> keycode 125 = AltGr
> keycode 126 = AltGr
990a991,995
> alt control keycode 59 = Console_1
> alt control keycode 60 = Console_2
> alt keycode 59 = Console_1
> alt keycode 60 = Console_2

//diff end

[...]

> > Also /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz does not seem to belong to any
> > package.
>
> It used to comes with the console package-tools, I think. I am not sure.

dpkg -S and packages.debian.org did not tell any package. I would like to

Regards,
Jens

- --
#!/bin/attorneys