Re: ALT+F1-7: Switching consoles doesn't work

Am Donnerstag 03 Juni 2004 09:51 schrieb Ionel Mugurel Ciobica:
> On  3-06-2004, at 09h 33'58", Jens Nachtigall wrote about "Re: ALT+F1-7:
> Switching consoles doesn't work"
>
> > > Try using the Windows-Logo-Key insteat of the ALT-Key (only at the
> > > console for switching between them or back to X). Don't know why, but
> > > it's this way on my laptop (Gericom, Debian testing/unstable).
> >
> > Yes. It works using the Windows logo key. Should I write a bug report
> > about this? And against which package?
>
> Have a look at the /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz file (or what do you
> load with loadkeys at boot time)

How can I find out which one is loaded at boot time?

> . You should have things like:

I have the following in /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz

> keycode  56 = Alt

keycode  56 = AltGr

> keycode  65 = F7
>         shift   keycode  65 = F19
>         control keycode  65 = F31
>         altgr   control keycode  65 = VoidSymbol
>         alt     keycode  65 = Console_7
>         control alt     keycode  65 = Console_7

keycode  65 = F7               F19              Console_19
        control keycode  65 = F31
        alt     keycode  65 = Console_7
        control alt     keycode  65 = Console_7

> keycode 105 = Left
>         alt     keycode 105 = Decr_Console
> keycode 106 = Right
>         alt     keycode 106 = Incr_Console

keycode 105 = Left
        alt     keycode 105 = Decr_Console
keycode 106 = Right
        alt     keycode 106 = Incr_Console

> keycode 125 = AltGr
>         altgr   control keycode 125 = VoidSymbol
> keycode 126 = AltGr
>         altgr   control keycode 126 = VoidSymbol
> keycode 127 = Last_Console
>         altgr   control keycode 127 = VoidSymbol

keycode 125 = Alt
keycode 126 =
keycode 127 =

> etc.

Should I simply edit the file to your values and then gzip it again? Or is
there an alternative boottime.kmap.gz to download somewhere?

Also /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz does not seem to belong to any package.

Regards,

jens

- --
#!/bin/attorneys