Re: Quick questestions before I start ...

Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

Alex Malinovich wrote:

Is it onboard or a PCMCIA card? If it's a PCMCIA
card the problem could be that the module isn't being loaded before
ifup gets called. If that's the case you'll probably want to set up
hotplug to automatically configure the interface (by running ifup)
when the card is detected.

This is what I need to do, as it's a pcmcia card. Now as to how.

Regarding this ... during boot up I see this:

Running 0dns-down to make sure resolv.conf is ok...done.
Cleaning: /etc/network/ifstate
Starting hotplug system:
   input
 [failed]   net
   pci
** can't synthesize pci hotplug events
 [failed]   usb
** can't synthesize root hub events
done
Setting up IP spoofing protection: rp_filter.

It then goes on to configure network interfaces, except there aren't any yet ... and lastly, it starts the pcmcia service.

	-ste