Quick questestions before I start ...

I've always used Red Hat Linux, in the past. I'm trying different distros, looking for a successor to it, for personal use and to recommend at work, on our servers (I'm the admin).

I've never used Debian before. I thought I'd start by installing it on my laptop (Dell Latitude CPx J750GT). Any known issues/gotchas with that particular model, that I should be aware of? I'll be wanting to run X, and use it on both wired and wireless (Orinoco Gold card) networks - multiple different networks of both types, so I'll need to be able to switch from one to another easily.

I downloaded all eight Debian CDs, but before I burn all of them, I was wondering which ones I actually need. I don't have rewritable media handy, so it'd be nice to not waste write-once media on CDs I don't need. :)

TIA,

	-ste