Re: Quick questestions before I start ...

Alex Malinovich wrote:

Try doing a ifdown eth0, followed by an ifup eth0. Assuming that you
have a DHCP server active on the network, you should see it request
and receive an IP. If there's any problems with it, send the output
and we'll go from there.

Ok, that gets it configured. It doesn't at boot up though, or druring the install. From looking in rc2.d (runlevel said I'm in level 2), I don't see anything that would configure the interface with dhcp - all I see is the entry to start the pcmcia devices, which seems to be done nearly last of everything. It would seem to me that the configuration of it should be in there somewhere, and after the pcmcia startup ...

	-ste