Re: Quick questestions before I start ...

Alex Malinovich wrote:

Here's a link for the net-install iso. It's 110 MB. It'll do a base
install at which point you connect to the internet to fetch the rest of
the packages.

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/i386/beta4/sarge-i386-netinst.iso

I downloaded and burned it. I was very impressed by the installer and got through to the first reboot just fine. It even appeared to (I think) recognize the network card. However, after setting up the local user account, it claims I'm not connected to the Internet. So, I tried to tell it to install from the cdrom, but it says it can't auto-detect a cdrom, so I'm rather stuck, atm.

If you need any more help, feel free to ask.

And here I am. :)

p.s. I'm subscribed to debian-laptop, so no need to CC me on replies.

If I reply to list postings, they go only to the poster. If I reply all, it goes to the poster and the list, unless I remove the poster manually. Perhaps it would be more useful if replies went directly to the list, instead of the poster ...

	-ste