Re: Debian Install CD doesn't recognize my hard drive

Hadar Pedhazur wrote:

VFS: Can't find a Minix or Minix V2 filesystem on device hda2.

Surely you _don't_ have a Minix filesystem (at least, iirc, there's a plan to drop support for it, so I doubt it has much use), so you need to look at /etc/fstab, /etc/mtab, and possibly your boot loader to figure out why it thinks it should be mounting Minix.

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev2/root2, or
       too many mounted filesystems

That's normal after any mount failure (so, in this case, Minix was the wrong fs type)

Unable to identify CD-ROM format.

?
Found reiserfs format "3.6" with standard journal
reiserfs journal params: ..... (lots of stuff here) ...

That's all good.

/sbin/init: 347: cannot open dev/console: No such file
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

I was getting one of those last week. In my case it was a completely corrupted disk partition table - for some reason my latest modification of a different partition seemed to have screwed up the length of the /dev/hda2 partition.