Re: Debian Install CD doesn't recognize my hard drive

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:36:49 -0500
Hadar Pedhazur <hadar@unorthodox.com> wrote:

> I have an old Dell Inspiron 7000. Yesterday, I downloaded (and burned)
> the ISO images for debian sid from March 27, 2004.
<snip>

I had the very same problem with a toshiba satellite and a newly bought
harddrive. downloaded "testing/sarge", didnt recognize my harddrive.

fix: download "stable/woody", use 2.4 kernel to boot, update to
testing/unstable after installation. the stable version had no probs at
all finding the new drive.

regs, Seuli

--
fortune -o(ffensive)s(short):\n