Re: Debian Install CD doesn't recognize my hard drive

Incoming from Hadar Pedhazur:

> When I checked lilo.conf afterwards, it wasn't updated. I added

That's happened to me a lot in the past.  I never understood why.  Now
I use grub and don't care.

> another section by hand, pointing at the new initrd image (which
> wasn't gzippped, like the Xandros one).
>
> When I rebooted, I didn't see the new kernel in the list of boot
> choices, and now booting off of the original kernel (which was not
> changed), just hangs. The kernel gets loaded, but the next message
> says "initializing kernel...", and it sits there forever.

Did you run lilo before re-booting?  If not, you should boot from CD,
mount your root ptn, run lilo, then re-boot.

- -