Re: 2.6 686 kernel hangs at boot

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 03:47:17PM -0500, David Tansey wrote:
<snip>
> It still did "Uncompressing kernel.... bootting Linux kernel."
>
> And then stops.

I have also seen this behaviour on my father's machine using 2.6.x and a
k7 package. I didn't take the time to really look into it, but it seems
that the kernel hangs veeeeeeeeeery early in boot, since no boot
messages _at all_ are written to the screen. BTW, that was a new desktop
machine.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!