Re: ACPI Problems with Kernel 2.6.3 on Compaq Armada M700

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 05:49:08PM -0700, Roger Waterhouse wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have been running a mixture a testing/unstable on this notebook for
> about a year with almost no problems. I recently upgraded to the 2.6
> kernel (kernel-image-2.6-686) and since then having been having random
> but fairly frequent keyboard lockups. The keyboard becomes unresponsive
> to any key presses, while the mouse continues to work correctly. If I
> log out of gnome, the system appears to hang with a flashing cursor in
> the upper left hand corner. Usually I end up having to unplug the system
> and remove the battery to restart. The only thing I see in the logs is
> this in kern.log:
>
> Mar 14 15:19:55 beowulf kernel:     ACPI-0245: *** Error: Cannot release
> Mutex [_GL_], not acquired

Hello Roger,

my M700 works well with 2.6 custom Kernels. It's even faster than with 2.4.
You may try these boot-options: noapic nosmp

	Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86