woody-installation on Amilo-EL - Problem with Ethernet (sis900)

Hi!

over the weekend I tried quiet often to install woody on my Amilo-EL but I
found no way to get the Ethernetdevice to work during the installation.

Using the standart 2.2 Kernel the module was not loadable with no options
and using the 2.4 Kernel I could neither find a correspondig module nor
did the network work without any module.

Can anybody help me with this??

THX
Alexander

PS:
I'm quite familiar with different Linux distributions but this is my first step to
debian