Re: woody-installation on Amilo-EL - Problem with Ethernet (sis900)

The ethernet adapter is a built-in sis900
When dropping to a shell from the installer lspci is not available.
I can figure the informations out by using the running mandrake
which outputs the following for the ethernetcard

00:04.0 Ethernet controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 10/100 Ethernet (rev 91)
       Subsystem: Unknown device 1734:101f
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- Status: Cap+ 66Mhz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
       Latency: 64 (13000ns min, 2750ns max)
       Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
       Region 0: I/O ports at cc00 [size=256]
       Region 1: Memory at dfff6000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
       Expansion ROM at dffa0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)

Is there any way to make the module use the IO and IRQ given here??

Alexander

Dimitris Kogias wrote:

What ethernet adapter does your machine use? Is it pcmcia or built-in? Have you tried dropping to a shell from the installer and running lspci -vv?

D.

Alexander May wrote:

Hi!

over the weekend I tried quiet often to install woody on my Amilo-EL but I
found no way to get the Ethernetdevice to work during the installation.

Using the standart 2.2 Kernel the module was not loadable with no options
and using the 2.4 Kernel I could neither find a correspondig module nor
did the network work without any module.

Can anybody help me with this??

THX
Alexander

PS:
I'm quite familiar with different Linux distributions but this is my first step to
debian