Re: mobile phone nightmare

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:18:04 +0100, Werner Heuser writes:
>PS: I would appreciate if anybody tells me more links to Linux
>connectivity reports to cell phones. You may imagine that
>it's difficult to google for it. Almost any cell phone
>provider seems to have put the word Linux somewhere on their
>pages.

I have a normal PPP dialup account, and it's no problem using my
 Siemens S55 (or the S35 I had before) to get connectivity with it and
 Debian on a Dell Inspiron 8100.

It's just a matter of `irattach /dev/ttyS1 -s; pppd /dev/ircomm0 9600 \
 file /etc/ppp/options`. The options-file is just
 connect "chat -v '' 'ATZ' 'OK' 'ATD01...' 'ogin:' 'user' 'assword:' 'pw'"
 noauth
 asyncmap 0
 defaultroute
 crtscts
 lock
 modem

(The only problem is that as soon as I load the maestro3-module to get
 sound, it's impossible to get IrDA working again until the next reboot.
 Ideas anyone?)

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /