Re: Debian, 2.6 kernel and WIFI card on laptop ?

On 6 Jan 2004, Christian Lyra<lyra@pop-pr.rnp.br> verbalized:
> Hi,

Yo,

>> Here I have an ACER TM803 laptop running perfectly except one thing:
>> PCMCIA. I use a Debian SID GNU/Linux with a vanilla 2.6.0 kernel. All
>> has been done accordingly to advice I receive here and there. It has
>> support for PCMCIA devices, Wireless and orinoco support. So I am
>> using a wireless driver from the kernel since it worked pretty well
>> under 2.4.x for me. Problem is that when inserting the card, first I
>> don't ear any 'bip' sound as it used to do. Then the card is no
>> longer able to connect to the AP (also by linksys). Have anyone any
>> clue I could follow to (at last) have this working ?
>
> 	Well... I think something is broken. I have a similar setup
> 	and my orinoco
> card doesnt work with 2.6.0 AND acpi. When I insert the card I get the error
> "Unknow Method: RequestIRQ" on syslog.  My "wired" pcmcia 8139 wotks fine. I
> try the mm2 patch and it works but since it broken other things I give it up.

Can you elaborate on that ? In what does it break more things than it
fixes ? I am planning to migrate to the new 2.6.1 kernel that is AFAIK
a 2.6.0 with -mm1 patches (maybe some of -mm2 too) so it would be
interesting for me not to update if it breaks other things.

zeDek
--
No e-patents, pas de brevets logiciels
Pétition contre les brevets logiciels : http://petition.eurolinux.org