Re: noflushd: making/having drives spin down.

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:40:08PM +1300, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> If you are running low on battery you get plenty of warning to shut
> down, and you _certainly_ are a lot more resilient to the "toddler yanks
> plug" problem that my youngest is only recently growing out of.

Normally you should also be able to set up so that the
laptop goes automatically to sleep when running out of
power. With this setting, the only way to actually kill the
computer is to let the battery run out, then let the laptop
alone for a couple of months until the battery runs so low
even "hibernate" dies (it does eventually, on my T420).

/Y