Re: compiling & installing kernels

Ben Southwood [Mittwoch, 16. April 2003 05:14]:

>| I must be doing something rather wrong!
>|
>| I have installed the new kernel, but none of the modules (like really
>| none..) are loading.. when I did make modules it seemed to be doing
>| everything, until the end where it said 'nothing to be done for modules..'
'Entering directory xyz ... nothing to do for modules xyz' is a message
occuring frequently during 'make modules' since make sniffs into various
branches.
>| when I lsmod I get an empty list!
As stated by others, modules usually are loaded only when requested ( that's
the sense of the stroy, isn't it ?) so you have to look somewhere to settle
this down. Maybe /etc/modules (for Debian, first look into /etc/modutils).

>| Cheers,
>|
>| Ben

All the best

                          micha.