Re: Samsung Q10 Boot from Firewire/iee1394

Moin mkamp!
mkamp@gmx.de schrieb am Sunday, den 23. March 2003:

>   I just bought a Samsung Q10, a really nice and slick subnotebook.
> Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to get debian on it.
>
>   It boots fine from the woody cd-rom and let's me format the drives etc.,
> but when it comes down to load kernel modules it doesn't know where to turn
> to. When issuing "mount" I don't see the cdrom connected(?) by firewire. I
> haven't been able to google something useful.

You are the best test person for the testing boot-floppies with Firewire
source support. Please get the netinst CD image from:

http://people.debian.org/~blade/bf3024/

and report the results!

>   I am completly willing to download an image of unstable it that would
> help?

Using Unstable is not possible "from scratch". You should install a
plain Woody base, and before running dselect or tasksel (what the
base-config wizard suggests after reboot), change to the second console,
login as root and run
perl -pe -'s/stable/unstable/' -i  /etc/apt/sources.list

>   But if Knoppix is up to the job, why shouldn't work this with debian... ?

Because we do not release a new boot-floppies release every two weeks
and do not always have time to implement all the user wishes or there
are some technical limitations.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
In jedem Falle wird bei gleicher Anlage das falsche Vertrauen auf
Talente mehr hervorbringen als das falsche Mißtrauen in sie; jenes