Re: Samsung Q10 Boot from Firewire/iee1394

Hallo Eduard,

> >   I just bought a Samsung Q10, a really nice and slick subnotebook.
> > Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to get debian on it.
> >
> >   It boots fine from the woody cd-rom and let's me format the drives
> etc.,
> > but when it comes down to load kernel modules it doesn't know where to
> turn
> > to. When issuing "mount" I don't see the cdrom connected(?) by firewire.
> > haven't been able to google something useful.
>
> You are the best test person for the testing boot-floppies with Firewire
> source support. Please get the netinst CD image from:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~blade/bf3024/
Sorry, but what exactly do I need to get? The floppy images are for me, are
they? I just have a firewire cdrom, not a floppy.

Should I get something from this directory?
http://people.debian.org/~blade/boot-floppies/netinst-full-pre/
Which iso-image? (Don't have CDRW and like to know first ;-)

> and report the results!
I'll do that!

Thanks for your help,
Grüße aus FFM