Detect what is causing the hard drive to spin up

Hello,

I've just setup noflushd and finally can enjoy to hear that damn hard
drive to spin down after a while it's not in use.  However, a few
seconds after spin down, to my great frustration it spins up again,
resuming that fastidious noise.  Obviously, I wasn't doing anything to
justify that spin up: I wasn't even touching the laptop.

I've already tried to shut down the services that I thought could be the
cause for this, but the spinups continue.

Do you know if there's a way, like some kernel facility, to track what's
doing these disk accesses?  I would avoid me some long trial and error,
and it would be the definitive tool to use in this investigation: I'd be
really happy to use it.

Bye,

Enrico