Re: Samsung Q10 Boot from Firewire/iee1394

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:47:48 +0100 (MET)
mkamp@gmx.de wrote:

>   Even if I can download Knoppix and find out what the module is named
> how would I use that information?

You would need a way to get that particular module onto the system.  You
said earlier that you tried a net install, so I am assuming that you
have networking set up.  You could boot with knoppix, and find a URL to
the module you need.  (If you can't find it online anywhere, let me know
and I'll put it up).  Then start the debian install and switch to a
console.  Use wget to download the module you need and put it into the
appropriate place in /lib/modules.  This is definitely an inelegant
solution though.  You should probably try the boot floppies with
firewire support that was mentioned elsewhere before doing it this way.

--
Chas Becht
mailto:chasbecht@hotpop.com      (Public Key available on request)