Re: wireless configuration questions

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 02:36:12PM +1300, Mike Beattie wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 02:33:52AM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > This is because of Debian specific patch which is making hotplug messy.
> > I think this is bug like Thomas.  So I suggest killing the last part of
> > the script and use hotplug to initiate ifup/ifdown. (no auto)
>
> Why use hotplug?

Because I want to "hotplug".

> This is half of the trouble with all the tools available
> for different bits of laptop usage, they all overlap and don't play nice. My
> solution is to use as little as possible, and that means pcmcia-cs only.
> anything else, I do by hand.

Nothing beats your hands :-)

But as long as I followed Thomas's guide [1] to set up PCMCIA with hotplug
and adjust discover [2] and hotplug initialization in /etc/rcS.d/*
S35mountall.sh
S36hotplug
S38pppd-dns
S39ifupdown
S39resolvconf
S40discover
S40hostname.sh
S40networking

And /etc/rc2.d/*
S10sysklogd
S11hotplug
S11klogd
S12pcmcia

I also have /etc/network/interfaces with

mapping hotplug
        script echo

in it.

Reference