Re: wireless configuration questions

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:53:29AM -0700, Tim Folger wrote:
> Thanks very much for your advice, Joey. At this point I've altered the
> configuration files so much that I might have to reinstall debian to
> straighten things out, so I think I'll wait for the (imminent?) release
> of sarge and then start over again.

Don't be silly. just purge the packages in question, and reinstall them.
You'll get the standard default configs then.

apt-get --purge remove <package>
apt-get install <package>

> Assuming I'm able to configure the
> card using only /etc/network/interfaces, would I also need to start the
> interface from a console with ifup whenever I reboot?

No. the pcmcia scripts will call ifup/ifdown whenever a card is
inserted/removed, and it deems the card is a network device. For this to
work, you must make sure there is no 'auto' line for that device in
/etc/network/interfaces.

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

         Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether.