Re: gdm fails

Hi Aswin,

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 00:00, Aswin Venkat wrote:
> Thanks for the information Lars.
>
> There is just one other problem--i can't get my
> network connection working. The ethernet card is detected on boot but
> i just can't seem to be able to get on the network.
> Can somebody help me with commands that can help in configuring the network?.

Well, this is not that easy. We need to know a lot about your "network".

First: Direct connection to the Internet from your machine (i.e. Modem -
what ever type - in/connected to your machine) or connection via a LAN
and a router?

Second: What bandwidth do you have? Just to make sure you have a
connection allowing you to download all the nice things we propose to
you - before Xmas next year ;-)

Third: If you post here, always try to submit as much information
related to your question as possible. That means, try to guess our next
questions and post the answers in advance. A simple "help, this doesn't
work" is by far to little for us to even guess where to start.

Until later this day...

Lars