Re: Kernel 2.6 and Dell Inspiron laptop

Martin List-Petersen <martin@list-petersen.se> writes:

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 19:09, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> >  Martin List-Petersen <martin@list-petersen.se> writes:
> >
> >  On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 00:02, Xavier Maillard wrote:

[...]

> >  How hard would it be to do the same for a Dell Inspiron 4100
> >  according to your experience ?
>
>  Unfortunatly there is no DSDT on the ACPI site for the I4100
>  (http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php) and i don't know, how
>  good your notebook is detected by the current ACPI implementation,
>  but i would give it a try.

Already done. AFAIR it was quite bad detection. I mean nothing was
detected so I gave up and just go back using my old friend : APM.

>  You can try with the Debian kernel package that i supplied, since the
>  hardware is not that far different. I anyway compiled most stuff in,
>  so that it would fit for more that just the D600. There is NO APM
>  support in my kernel (at all). To see, how good it works.

Sure I wold give it a try if you just tell me where and which package I
should use :)

zeDek
--
"Microsoft Network: Connect with other Windows 95 users and talk about
 your crash experiences. Support groups in different cities will be