Re: defragmenting/resizing

Le 12279ième jour après Epoch,
Bilal Ahmad écrivait:

> I have bought recently a HP Pavilion ze5300 laptop w/ a 40G hard drive
> (38G actually), and with Windows XP Pro. I want to partition the hard
> drive so that I leave 18G for XP Pro and 20G for Debian. Windows Disk
> Defragmenter leaves a chunk of files right in the middle of the disk:
>

> /////*****************_________________*****____________________________________
>

> /// ---- System files
> *** ---- Contiguous files
> ___ ---- Free space

some solutions:

1) Remove Windows XP... Using this technique, you can be sure that no more
windows problem will occur... :) It's my prefered one ...

2) Use the first free space for /usr and / and swap ... Whatever everything
from GNU/Linux that can fit on this space

3) Use partition magic. This software is able to move some 'fixed' partitions.

4) Ask for your vendor the original installation disks... They must have these
disks...

5) Remove Windows XP... Did I say that before ?...

--
Learning French is trivial: the word for horse is cheval, and everything else
follows in the same way.