Re: ACPI sleep/hibernation mode

Mattia Dongili wrote:

> On Wed, 07 May 2003 17:28:53 +0200
> Emil Pedersen <emilp@update.uu.se> wrote:
>
> > > Actually I think that people stopped asking for that feature :P
> > > AFAIR if you look into the small sources available with the driver
> > > you should find something about suspend commented out (actually it's
> > > quite a lot I don't look into them but it's worth a try).
> >
> > You lost me, stoped using what feature?  Perhaps I should have been
>
> I read on on the NVidia forum that the suspend feature for their driver
> is planned but without any timeline, I'm just supposing that users
> stopped asking NVidia to support suspend/sleep/hybernate :)

Aha, then I'm unlost again:-)

It doesn't sound too hopeful then, unless I miss remember the free nv
driver doesn't work with the geforce2go chip.
  But why would the driver need to support it, wouldn't it be enough to
have the kernel remove it from run able processes before storing it's
memory?  But then again, that's probably not as easy as it sound:-/

Is there any (vesa) frame buffer mode for 1400x1050, or can it be
tricked into it somehow?

// Emil