Re: ACPI sleep/hibernation mode

From: "Emil Pedersen" <emilp@update.uu.se>

> > You should get "ACPI: Subsystem revision yyyymmdd" and "ACPI: System [ACPI]
(
> > supports S0 ... S5)"
>
> Got that.  But is the acpi patches really necessary for swsusp?

You're right.  swsusp can be invoked directly - swsusp is required for support
of ACPI S4, but not vice versa.

> Anyway, since I can suspend (to disk) and resume fine as long as I don't
> have X running it must be related nvidia/agpgart/<whatever>, or?

Yeah, my response was directed more to Matìj, who was asking specifically about
ACPI, than to you.  I'm pretty sure your problems are specifically related to
nvidia. I _don't_ think it's agpgart - many people have a similar problem with
nvidia from any of the ACPI sleep states.  Your best bet is to check the
acpi-devel list archives at sourceforge and/or the swsusp list archive.  I'm
pretty sure people have got around it.