Re: ACPI sleep/hibernation mode

On Wed, 07 May 2003 15:09:50 +0200
Emil Pedersen <emilp@update.uu.se> wrote:

> > I don't know about NVidia drivers, but a chvt before suspending (and
> > a chvt back to X upon resume) should do the trick
>
> That's what I thought too, but unfortunately it wasn't (for me) the
> case.  You got an ati radeon chip, right?  Could be a nvidia thing
> then(think I'll drop Nigel a note and ask when I got some spare time).

Yes, I have a radeon M6 LY. Usually the problem is that the video driver
doesn't resume properly. Actually I thought you were using the
proprietary NVidia drivers, for which there's nothing to do except
waiting for them to support suspend.
Anyway another common problem is the agpgart module AFAIK, you could try
disabling it and run a suspend/resume cycle.

--
mattia