Re: urgent doubt

François TOURDE wrote:

Le 12166ième jour après Epoch,
bolopsicadelico@aeiou.pt écrivait:
Good evening. I have experienced a problem while installing Debian GNU
Linux(Woody version)on my Laptop. It seems that the main instalation
screen,the one which appears when you make the boot from CD,does not
appear completly! there's a small part that doesn't appear,probably
due to bad display config.This won't let me see the main function
buttons on partitioning the disk for Debian Linux.
I have an Airis Mercurio P4-2,5Ghz with a SiS650 graphics chipset.
Can you please help me?

You can try vga=ask at the boot prompt, to choose the video type useable in
your config.

for example:

boot: vga=ask

to choose standard 2.2 kernel

boot: bf24 vga=ask

to choose 2.4 series kernel

HTH.
Configure your kernel and disable frame buffer option.
This is the best solutions if you not need it.
Only if you need frame buffer, read configurations files.

JHF