Re: urgent doubt

Le 12166ième jour après Epoch,
bolopsicadelico@aeiou.pt écrivait:
> Good evening. I have experienced a problem while installing Debian GNU
> Linux(Woody version)on my Laptop. It seems that the main instalation
> screen,the one which appears when you make the boot from CD,does not
> appear completly! there's a small part that doesn't appear,probably
> due to bad display config.This won't let me see the main function
> buttons on partitioning the disk for Debian Linux.
> I have an Airis Mercurio P4-2,5Ghz with a SiS650 graphics chipset.
> Can you please help me?

You can try vga=ask at the boot prompt, to choose the video type useable in
your config.

for example:

boot: vga=ask

to choose standard 2.2 kernel

boot: bf24 vga=ask

to choose 2.4 series kernel

HTH.
--
"If you don't want your dog to have bad breath, do what I do:  Pour a little
Lavoris in the toilet."