Re: urgent doubt

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 02:32:17AM +0100, bolopsicadelico@aeiou.pt wrote:
> Good evening. I have experienced a problem while installing Debian GNU
> Linux(Woody version)on my Laptop. It seems that the main instalation
> screen,the one which appears when you make the boot from CD,does not
> appear completly! there's a small part that doesn't appear,probably
> due to bad display config.This won't let me see the main function
> buttons on partitioning the disk for Debian Linux.
> I have an Airis Mercurio P4-2,5Ghz with a SiS650 graphics chipset.
> Can you please help me?

Same trouble with my SiS630-based laptop. Just play a bit with the kernel boot
parameters; something like this should solve the problem:

	boot: video=vga16:off

and perhaps you want to add a ``bf24'' to install a 2.4 kernel instead
of a 2.2.

> Thank You

Go figure :)

--
Samuele Catusian                  -o)      ,''`.