Re: presario battery

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Frédéric Bothamy wrote:

> Unfortunately for you (and me) I think this is a crap battery which does
> not last for very long, at least to what I have heard from other
> laptops' owners.

Right then, I guess this is a good reason not to buy Compaq Presario,
although I find it a rather good machine and it works ok with linux. I
don't really know how things go with batteries of other laptops, but less
than one and a half hours duration, is definitely not good. Especially if
you know that things will get worse pretty quickly...bullshit!
Anyway. Now I'm wondering then: I usually use my laptop connected to the
AC, and only occasionally I use it on the train. When I'm sitting in an
office, or at home, shall I always keep it connected or disconnect it when
the battery is full and let it discharge almost completely before
connecting it again?
Thanks a lot
	Ale